Buggies - or not?

Alles over miniaturen en modelbouw
Plaats reactie
AJPine

Buggies - or not?

Bericht door AJPine » 19 dec 2008 19:20

I have these two Matchbox models in my collection (although the pics are from E-bay). Unmistakable flat four in the rear, but do they qualify as buggies? Are they based on actual models? The Woosh-n-Push and Soopa Coopa are both made in 1972. Not very pretty models, but still interesting :wink:

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

AJPine

Bericht door AJPine » 19 dec 2008 21:30

WOW, it is the first time I see one of those :shock:

Amphibious, or what?
Laatst gewijzigd door AJPine op 19 dec 2008 22:46, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

AJPine

Bericht door AJPine » 19 dec 2008 22:57

That is one very nice site, thanks for the link!

I also have this one by Johnny Lightning - called Tom Daniel's Li'l Van, but I can't find any info on it?

Afbeelding

AJPine

Bericht door AJPine » 20 dec 2008 08:57

What an interesting site, thanks Gert! Only realised now that my Hot Wheels Sand Crab below is also by Tom Daniel. So these were only plastic kits, not real cars? Coooooool anyway 8)

Afbeelding

This is the original 1:24 kit, and in Tom Daniel's own words
The Sand Crab name came as a result of watching dune buggies scurrying over, around and between sand dunes. Reminded me of crabs at the beach, high on sea weed. This was a light hearted approach to a fun vehicle obviously done during the whacko era of love'n peace and all that good stuff. I liked the look of this buggy design better than the real , full-size designs I had done. That's what's so cool about designing models...no one to tell you how to do it.
Afbeelding

Plaats reactie